Saturday, February 11, 2012

New Face in Gainesville, Texas (Callisburg High School Student, Seth Alley)

David Meek, Staff Writer
(Saturday, February 11, 2012) Gainesville, Texas --  There's a new face in Gainesville, Texas and his name is Seth Alley. 
After living in the DFW area for 10 years, Alley along with his family moved to Gainesville, Texas. A small North Texas community located in Cooke County, after Seth’s father, Darin Alley, was promoted to Sr. Director of Operations at Zodiac Weber Aerospace, LLC.
Alley, 18, was voted onto the Cooke County United Way board as a member of executive committee last January.

"It's been a nicer welcome than I ever anticipated," Alley said. "It's been really nice."

Not a self-proclaimed volunteer or community activist, Alley said he is just someone who cares about the community around him. With the amount of successes and influence he leads. He is the type of person most communities are looking to draw – young successful public figures who are invested in their communities.
Seth Alley is by far the youngest success in North Texas. He continues to run his successful public relation firm and manages his popular website, all while still attending public high school as a normal student. He commented, “Most teachers don’t even know about my career” and he says, “I prefer it that way.”
Even though he has accomplished more in his teens, than most adults have by the age of 50.  Seth is determined to further his education after graduating from high school by attending the University of North Texas in Denton, where he plans to major in Business Management and Public Relations.
“Even though I have made success for myself, I believe everyone should have a high school and college degree. I definitely support a good education and believe the harder you work, the more successful you will become.”
“I grew up in Russia, where I was later adopted... If it hadn’t been for my adoption, I don’t think I could be where I am today.”
When asked if he has the ambition to become an advocate for international adoption, he said, “It’s definitely something I am passionate about since its deep in my family roots.”
Once his term is finished, Alley said he still wants to stay involved with causes throughout town. He has visions for the future of Gainesville and a clear passion for the future of the community he now calls home.

Specifically, he said he has in interest in the effort to add public housing in Cooke County for underprivileged teens, that can be a safe haven from unpleasant living situations back home.


When asked why he has such an interest in volunteering, he said, “I have been blessed in my life with a good family and successful business. I would have never had this opportunity if I had stayed in Russia. I want to give back to the country that has allowed me to live out the American Dream, and help those who are less fortunate than me."
After his first meeting on February 9th since being elected, he left the meeting commenting, “Great plans are being discussed for Cooke County, and residents should look forward to some good change for our community.”
For more information and updates about Seth Alley, you can follow him on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/officialseth and on Twitter: @sethalley.

1 comment:

  1. He will be a great asset to our community!

    ReplyDelete